- Minimum amount Rs 20/- in case of noncheque account, Rs.500/- in case of cheque account.
- Minimum balance of Rs.500/- is to be maintained for a cheque account.
- Account is opened with cash only.
- Maximum balance permissible is Rs. 1,00,000/- in a single account and 2,00,000/- in a Joint account.
- Two/Three adults, individuals, minor through guardian can open an account.
- A minor having attained 10 years of age can also open an account directly.
- One individual account and one joint account can only be opened at a Post Office.
For more information contact our experts
Please mention your complete address along with PIN number and phone numbers.