Know About New Fund Offers (NFO) For the Month of June
Written on Friday, May 26, 2017
By Team Bajaj Capital
As an investor, if you are looking for new investment opportunities, then you must scan through the NFO or New Fund Offers announced for the month. These funds are announced with an 'Open' date and 'Closure' date. An NFO is basically a security offering through which investors can purchase units of a closed-end mutual fund. An NFO is announced whenever a mutual fund gets launched.
This blog has listed below three NFO opportunities that you can consider in the month of June. To have a brief highlight of the features and the overview of these NFO schemes, read below:
1.UTI Capital Protection Oriented Scheme Series IX – II
(NFO Period 22nd May 2017 – 5th June 2017)
The scheme endeavors to protect the capital at maturity by investing in high quality fixed income securities as the primary objective and generate capital appreciation by investing in equity and equity related instruments as the secondary objective.
Six Reasons Why You Should Invest in This Scheme:
Refer to ICRA Ratings Disclaimer at the end of the presentation
Fund Suitability & Who Should Invest?
- A risk-averse investor, who generally invests into traditional forms of investments can make a transition to this fund.
- Investors, who want to participate in equities without risking their capital, can seek protection to their capital through the debt portfolio as well as take exposure to equities through this fund.
-This fund is suitable for investors, who want to earn the current interest rate over the tenure of the scheme without taking any interest rate risk.
- High Tax Bracket investors of traditional investments, (eg: fixed deposits etc.) who seek tax efficiency can take benefit of indexation and get an opportunity to earn better tax-adjusted returns.
2. Sundaram Long Term Micro Cap Tax Advantage Fund Series V
NFO Period ( 29th March 2017 – 29th June 2017)
- 10 years close ended ELSS with 3-year lock-in
- Eligible for deduction under Sec 80C* of IT Act
- Investor can redeem at the end of 3 year lock-in period
- Invests in equities of companies that can be termed as micro caps
- Micro caps are defined as companies ranked 301 and over by market capitalization on the NSE
- As of February 28, 2017, micro caps are those with a market capitalization of Rs 5,128 crore and lower
Multiple Benefits: Wealth Creation & Tax Saving:
Widening Choice: Cap-curve Based Trends across NSE & BSE (Rs Bln)
3. ICICI Prudential Value Fund - Series 14
NFO Period (25th May 2017 – 8th June 2017
A. This fund aims to buy equity when valuations are low and aim to minimize risk when valuations are high. It uses in-house valuation models and this may help remove the psychological barrier (Greed &Fear) for its investors.
B. The fund adopts Smart Equity Allocation Strategy that helps in generating reasonable returns even in volatile markets.
C. The Fund will use in-house model to assess equity valuations, enabling "Buying Low and Selling High"
Source: Content taken from UTI, Sundaram & ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund.