Fight Against Diabetes-Top 5 Things You Can Do
Written on Tuesday, November 14, 2017
By Mitali Sharma
Do you know India is the world's second-largest home to diabetic people? Having said that, we all are at risk of Diabetes since it is a genetic disease as well. But there is no need to worry. Even those who are living with diabetes, they can also fight against it with the aid of medication and by incorporating five simple habits in their lives.
1. Get into the habit of Good Food: What you eat majorly impacts your health. Those who have diabetes they should try eating food with low glycemic index such as lentils, legumes, broccoli, peas, oats, barley, olive oil et al.
2. Bring Yoga to Your Life: No doctor or dietitian would complete his/her consultation without recommending exercise to a diabetic patient. Exercise might be a challenge to ageing people, but they can easily start practicing Yoga. Some of the yoga assaanas that are effective in diabetes are Dhanurasana (bow pose), Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend), Bhujangasana (cobra pose) etc.
3. Walk for Miles: If you are looking for the most effective and cheapest way to deal with diabetes, then simply start walking. It helps in lowering the glucose level of the body.
4. Healthy alternatives for your sweet tooth: The truth prevails that sugar is harmful to diabetic people. One needs to go handy with healthy alternatives for those cravings for sweet. Low GI fruits such as Cherries, Grapefruit, Dried apricots, Pears, Apples, Strawberries, Plum, and Peaches are really good and tasty alternatives.
5. Get a diabetes-specific health insurance: One of the biggest fangs of diabetes is that it weakens the immune system of individual and thus their diabetes condition can culminate to other diseases as well. This often makes the medical expenses go north. Thus, a health insurance is must for a diabetic patient so that he/she can easily avail the treatments without bothering about exorbitant expenses.
Today, there are specialized health insurance plans that are almost offering Day "One" Coverage for all hospitalization arising out of Diabetes conditions.
To know about specialized health insurance plans with diabetes cover, please click